Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Simply Wrap It Up

Yay! I'm so excited to share with you my first truly crafty post. While an older post showed you my finished product of a diaper cake for my friend Amanda, it was just that, a finished product. So now I'm thrilled to take you through the steps of a simple wrapping I did on little presents for my small group. Enjoy!

The presents themselves were tiny name and scripture papers that I put on scrapbook paper and placed in little frames found at World Market. (I just LOVE that place!) I think they came out pretty cute, don't you?



To wrap them, I found a nice sized box that would be easy to wrap



pulled out some trusty tools



and began to wrap. Since they were for a Christmas party, I went with the traditional green and red in some simple patterns.



I decided to use raphia instead of ribbon because I like the "country" look it gives and it is easy to maneuver.



I wrapped the boxes



then tied them up with the raphia. I decided I just wanted to fluff out the raphia later instead of tying a bow, so I measured it out just long enough to securely double knot it.



I trimmed the edges of the raphia at an angle, so when I fluffed them out later it would have a fun look



I trimmed some marbled card stock on my handy dandy sliding trimmer and used some pretty stamps to make a custom inital tag for each gift.



I LOVE how they turned out!



I punched a hole in them and tied them to the presents.



Then I fluffed out the raphia. Notice the edges?



And that's it! Super easy to do, and the girls loved them! Thanks for reading along and a belated Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you think! :)